The Istanbul Chamber of Commerce: a Chronology
1880: On 19 January, Dersaadet Chamber of Commerce was established.
1881: The charter for the Dersaadet Chamber of Commerce was published.
1882: On 14 January, Dersaadet Chamber of Commerce held its first meeting and
1910: The Chamber was renamed the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce and
1925: Law for Chambers of Commerce and Industry was enacted on 14 May 1925.
Turkish Chambers acquired legitimate identity. Chamber memberships became
mandatory. The Istanbul Chamber of Commerce moved to “4. Vakıf Han.” The
Istanbul Commercial Exchange was established.
The stock market bulletin “Borsa Bülteni” was published for the first time.
1927: The Chamber became a member of the International Chamber of
Commerce. Price Indices were published for the first time.
1937: Istanbul Esnaf Hastanesi (Istanbul Tradesmen’s Hospital) was established.
1943: The law for Commerce and Industries, Trade Exchanges came into effect.
1950: The Law of 8 March, regulating the Chambers of Commerce and lndustry,
Chambers of Industry, Chambers of Commerce, Chambers of Industry, Trade
Exchanges came into effect.
1952: Istanbul Chamber of Industry was established.
1958: The Istanbul Chamber of Commerce Newspaper was published for the first
1960: The provisionary law concerning the “Cancellation and Reelection in the
Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Chambers of Commerce, Chambers of
Industry, Chambers of Commerce and Exchanges” was enacted.
1961: Emekli Sandığı Vakfı (The Civil Servants’ Pension Fund) was established.
1963: iktisadi Kalkınma Vakfı (Foundation for Economical Development) was
1970: The Chamber moved to its building on the coast of the Golden Horn.
1971: The Foundation for the Istanbul Huzur Hospital and Retirement Homes was
established and relevant construction was initiated.
1982: The publication of the English language journal “Istanbul Chamber of
Commerce - ICOC” begun. The Istanbul World Trade Center was established. The
Chamber became a member of the World Trade Centers Unions. Istanbul
Chamber of Maritime Commerce was established.
1987: The Rules of Procedure of The Istanbul of Chamber Commerce was
1990: The Istanbul of Chamber Commerce, Supplier Industry Exchange was
1992: The construction of the Istanbul World Trade Center was initiated.
1993: The Chamber became member of ASCAME. The Chamber’s “Clean Society’
campaign was initiated.
1994: Decisions of April 5th were announced. Kadıköy Service unit opened. The
Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, Foundation for Educational and Social Services
was established. The answering system was put into operation. Kandilli Koru
Recreational Facilities were inaugurated. IDTM Trade Exhibition building was
1995: The Foreign Trade Institute started education.
1996: European Union Unit was formed. Doğu Yatırım Holding A.Ş. was established.
1997: PERPA and ISTOÇ Service Units were opened.
1999: 150 9001 Quality certificate was acquired, and a total quality management
scheme was adopted.
2000: The historical building in Eminönü, classified as a second-degree historical
artifact, was restored and started serving as a new headquarters building.
2001: The Istanbul Commerce University started tuition. The Istanbul Chamber of
Commerce Art Gallery was opened.
2002: ITO was accreditated as the best chamber of Europe in the Accreditation Project led by Eurochambres
2002: Formula Istanbul Project has been initiated.
2002 : Shopping Fest “Alışveriş Festivali” has been started.
2002: IDTM investment projects were completed.
2003: ITO Vizyon Magazine began publishing life.
2003: Formula Istanbul Yatırım A.Ş. was established.